Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winter Has Arrived!

We are used to several months of long dark days, bitter cold and snow for a good 4-5 months of the year. This year is a different story. No white Christmas, no bitter cold in fact we have a mild winter so far (knock on wood). It's not that I am complaining (it has actually been good for our heating bills) but the plants and trees are probably confused. My daffodils & crocuses are already feeling spring (they are coming out). Then the snow came in all its glory this weekend-yup, all 12 inches of it...



So Hanna, our snow dog, has been so happy trotting and skipping on snow. Louie on the other hand, our pup from the Florida rescue group, is obviously not too thrilled about it. Their winter coats really help in temperatures like these. I would feel bad if I am all covered up while my 2 pups (with probably 0% body fat) are not. The hood that I made from an old sweater sleeve also helped in preventing the tips of Louie's ears from bleeding. It is always such a production getting ready to go out but I say the pups are both so worth it all. Here we are getting ready to go out.

No comments: